RELEASE OF LIABILITY FOR MINOR PARTICIPANTS
I give my approval and consent to the participation of my child in the Jr Prep Sports America (hereinafter JPS America and or JPSA) and Jr Prep Sports Hawaii (herein after JPS Hawaii and or JPSH) sports programs, events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges appreciates and agrees that:
- The risk of injury to my child from the activities involved in these programs is significant, including the potential for permanent disability and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce the risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and,
- FOR MYSELF, SPOUSE, MY CHILD'S LEGAL GUARDIAN AND CHILD, I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASE or others, and assume full responsibility for my child's participation; and
- I willingly agree to comply with the JPS America and JPS Hawaii stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If I observe any unusual significant concern in my child's readiness for participation and/or in the Organization for which we have registered and participate with, I will remove my child from participation and bring such attention to the JPSA and or JPSAS immediately; and,
- I myself, my spouse, my child's legal guardian, my child, and on behalf of my/our heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE the JPSA, JPSH and their respective officers, affiliates, agents, representatives, successors, sponsors, advertisers and if applicable, owners and leasers of premises used to conduct the event ("RELEASEES"), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property incident to my child's involvement or participation in the JPSA and JPSH sports programs, events and activities, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law; and,
- I, for myself, my spouse, legal guardian, my child, and on behalf of my/our heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HERBY INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS all the above RELEASEES from any and all liabilities incident to my involvement or participation in the JPSA and JPSAS sports, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THEIR NEGLIGENCE, to the fullest extent permitted by law; and,
- I certify that my child is physically fit to take part in all JPSA and JPSH sports programs, events and activities; and,
- I pledge my child's compliance to any and all JPSA and JPSH rules and understand that my child could be dismissed from the JPSA and JPSH sports programs, events, and/or activities for any conduct not in the best interests of the JPSA and JPSH and that no part of my child's membership and or registration fee will be refunded; and,
- I authorize any medical evaluation or treatment of my child that may be advised or recommended by the attending physician or emergency medical personnel while participating in the JPSA and JPSH sports programs, events and activities.
MEMBER PLAYER CODE OF CONDUCT
Jr Prep Sports America and Jr Prep Sports Hawaii require that all participants commit and adhere to the following Code of Conduct. We believe in the three "S's" - Safety, Sportsmanship and Scholarship and expect student participants to exhibit them both on and off the field. Any violation of the Code could result in disciplinary action by the JPSA/JPSH that may result in warnings or suspension or revocation of your participation by JPSH.
JPSA and JPS Hawaii has adopted the following Player Code of Conduct as recommended by USA Football.
I hereby pledge to be positive about my youth sports experience and accept responsibility for my participation by following this Players' Code of Ethics Pledge.
- Have fun!!
- Be a good sport (win or lose); be honest, fair and always show good sportsmanship to all coaches, players, officials, parents and fans by demonstrating good sportsmanship at every game and practice.
- Learn the value of commitment to the team. I will attend every practice and game that I can, and will notify by coach if I cannot.
- Put personal goals aside for the betterment of the team.
- Show courtesy and respect to teammates, opponents and coaches.
- Realize that athletic contests, including practice sessions are educational experiences and opportunities.
- I will not engage in unsportsmanlike conduct.
- I will not engage in rude behavior.
- I will refrain from any conduct that may be detrimental to the League and all people.
- I will treat everyone, including coaches, parents, players and officials, with respect, regardless of race, creed, color, nationality or gender.
- By registering here, I, the undersigned parent(s) or legal guardian(s), hereby give my pledge that I will ensure that my player follow the aforementioned Code of Conduct.
PHOTOGRAPHIC, VISUAL, AUDIO, IMAGE RELEASE FORM
This agreement is given in consideration of my own or my child's image of personal likeness, in the form of a photograph, still or moving image and/or audio (on film, digital video tape or other recording medium) being taken and possibly published on Internet Websites, Broadcasts, and other publications as released to or by Jr Prep Sports America, its affiliates, partners, associates and/or assigns (herein referred to as the Parties).
WARNING AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK: I understand that there are inherent risks associated with the publication of my own or my child's image of personal likeness on film, digital video tape or other recording medium, and/or published on the Internet or in any other medium. These risks may include, but not be limited to, identity theft and wrongful assumption by others of my or my child's identity or who I or my child is and or danger to myself or my child. I agree to assume these risks, whether known or unknown to me, of permitting publication of my own or my child's image of personal likeness, in the form of a photograph, still or moving image and/or audio, on film, digital video tape or other recording medium, on the internet, in publications or in videos both now and in the future.
GRANT OF PERMISSION TO TAKE PHOTOGRAPHS, FILM, DIGITAL VIDEO TAPE OR OTHER RECORDING MEDIUM, IMAGES AND PERSONAL AUDIO: I hereby grant permission to the Parties and their employees and agents to take and use photographs, film, digital video tape or other recording medium and visual/audio images of myself or my child for any legal purpose. Visual/audio images include any type of recording, including but not limited to photographs, digital images, drawings, renderings, voices, sounds, video recordings, audio clips or accompanying written descriptions. I waive my and my child's rights to inspect or approve finished images or electronic matter prior to publication and waive any and all compensation or other remuneration for their use.
RELEASE: On behalf of myself, my child and our heirs, I hereby waive, release and discharge any and all claims of damages for death, bodily injury, personal injury or property damage which I or my child may sustain, or which hereafter accrue to me or my child, against the Parties as a result of my own or their own personal photograph(s), film, digital video tape or other recording medium, image of personal likeness or personal video/audio being published. This release is intended to discharge the Parties and their officers, employees, and volunteers, from and against any and all liability arising out of or connected in any way with publication of my own or my child's photograph(s), images of personal likeness, or personal video/audio. It is further understood and agreed that this waiver, release and assumption of risk is entered into by me on behalf of my child and myself and shall be binding on my and their heirs and assigns.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND AGREEMENT: I acknowledge that I have been fully informed of the risks and dangers involved in photographic and/or audio publication of my own or my child's photograph, film, digital tape or other recording medium, image of personal likeness or personal video/audio. I acknowledge that I have read, agree, and fully understand the above Warning, Waiver, Assumption of Risk and Release of Liability and that I hereby sign this waiver freely and voluntarily without any inducement. May my signature on the video order form warrant my complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law. I have read this Warning, Waiver, Assumption of Risk and Release of Liability and swear under penalty of perjury that I am of legal age to sign and/or are the parents and/or legal guardian of the Student Athlete listed on this form and that I have read, understand and accept its terms.
PARENTS AUTHORIZATION TO PARTICIPATE: I/We the parents of the above named applicant to Pearl City Junior Chargers hereby give my/our approval to said applicant’s participation in any and all activities during the current season. The undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that: The risk of injury to my child from the activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for permanent disability and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and for myself, spouse, and child, I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown, even if arising from the negligence of the releases or others, and assume full responsibility for my child’s participation; and I myself, my spouse, my child, and on behalf on my/our heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, hereby release the other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advisors, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (releases), with respect to any and all injury, disability, death, or loss or damage to person or property in incident to my child’s involvement or participation in this program, whether arising from the negligence of the releases or otherwise, to the fullest extent permitted by law. I, for myself, my spouse, my child, and on behalf of my/our heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, hereby indemnify and hold harmless all the above releases from any and all liabilities incident to my involvement or participation in this program, even if arising from their negligence, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
INSURANCE DISCLOSURE: The medical expense benefits of this plan are an “EXCESS” type benefit that picks up where other coverage’s leave off. If the parent has any other Primary Coverage, whether individual, blanket, or group coverage which provides benefits or services for, or by reason of, medical or dental care or treatment, then this plan, subject to the limits of the plan, will pay only the medical expenses not provided or reimbursable under your coverage. If the parent has no Primary Insurance coverage, then this plan, subject to the limitations and deductibles (if any) of the plan, will provide Insurance coverage. If the parent has coverage with any Pre-Paid Medical Plans, such as (but not limited to) HMSA, Kaiser, the injured person must be taken to the pre-paid medical facilities for treatment. All claims must be filed within 90 days of the injury/accident.